Sunday = Funday

9.07.2008

Today we went to a Mets Game at Shea Stadium in NY. My brother Scott, who lives in CT and is a Mets fan, had two extra tickets and offered them to Jay & I because it was a Mets v. Phillies game. So we made the trek up to New York and this is what we saw:


Shea Stadium's days are numbered... it will soon be nothing more than a memory, and a parking lot.


My brother Scott and his wife Kimberley
. He's a Mets fan; she's a Yankees fan. Opposites attract ;)


This was a beligerent Phillies fan provoking Mets fans and trying to start sh*t. A fight almost broke out and I couldn't help but photograpgh what I think is a ridiculous phenomenon: grown men acting like angst-ridden teenagers all in the name of a sports team. It's a game people!



We had excellent seats and I loved taking "up close & personal" photos of the players.


It was a gorgeous day - this was the only cloud in the sky.



Brooklyn Bridge in all its glory.


This is a man-made waterfall, one of four in the New York Harbour. They're part of a public art project and will be up until mid-October. It was pretty eye-catching during the day, and I imagine pretty amazing at night, as they become illuminated when the sun goes down. It was a neat to stumble upon it and then come home and realize that it wasn't just some random structure spilling water but a thoughtful artistic expression meant to provoke thought and rouse curiosity. It worked.


And finally, as we were driving over the Goethals Bridge, I leaned out the window and snapped this picture as the plane flew directly overhead. It's one of my favorites from the day.

So that is our day in a nutshell: some baseball, a roadtrip, time with family, bridges, art, airplanes and pictures. What more could a girl want?

0 comments: