Steve

9.27.2008

It's that day again...

I don't know if it was a conscious decision or not, but all day I have buried myself in busyness. About 30 minutes ago, I stopped being busy and all sorts of feelings came bubbling up to the surface. If you've been a regular of my blog for at least a year, then you know what today is. If not, well, my big brother Steve died 11 years ago today. Unreal, but true.

So in the spirit of keeping him alive in spirit, here are some great memories of me & my brother Steve:

Steve, me, Scott


Classic summertime fun in the backyard


This is a picture of Steve and my little sister Katie. He was in the Navy when she was born and was so excited to come home and meet his new little bundle of sister! Note the age difference... my parents sure know how to space 'em out ;)



Classic summer roadtrips in the family truckster - Griswald style!

Steve & Katie - 2 peas in a pod

Our Family circa 1985 - note the wood panel walls and crazy red couch. Stylin'!

Our family portrait looks different these days; I'm married to Jay, Scott's married to Kimberly, Katie is no longer bald nor is she a newborn, in fact she just graduated college, Mom and Dad are older, wiser and grayer, and Steve is, well, Steve is eternally 29.

Stephen T. Carmody
11.28.67 - 9.27.97
Until we meet again, shine on brother!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful homage to big brother Steve. I wish I could have met him so I could give him grief for sticking you out on the roof with a runny nose.

That picture of you at Disney World is too cute for words!

I love you bear.

Anonymous said...

Jen, those are great pictures! Thank you for sharing them. I cannot believe it was 11 years ago.
I don't think i ever thought about his age before... eternally 29. We are now older than he was... it's so sad!
Big hugs for you and your family.