Days 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16: The Days of Blog Neglect

2.10.2012

As you may have noticed, I've fallen off the "blog every day of the detox" wagon.  Oops, my bad.  In the beginning it was fun because each day came with different realizations, feelings and observations.  But as the days wore on, I really didn't have much to share other than more cooking woes and more exclamations of how good I'm feeling.  That, and I got totally hooked on a super-cheesy television drama (marathon style) that has been keeping me up way too late these past few nights and therefore making me feel not so good in the mornings.  Lesson learned, or, learning...  


I was never one of those people who needed 8 hours of sleep each night, until, that is, I started getting 9 hours per night.  Oh my goodness, it's like a whole new world.  Life just feels easier on 9 hours of sleep.  Now that I'm staying up until midnight (again) watching episode after episode of what is pretty much a prime-time soap opera, I am really feelin' the weight of low sleep on my body and mind.  Up until day 12, I was getting between 8-9 of sleep per night, and now I'm getting 6-7.  So that's a goal of mine by Monday, which will be day 19: get back to healthy sleep patterns, and detox from late-night television marathons.  


Other than the sleep issue, things in detox land are great.  Still kinda over the copious amounts of cooking and prep that are necessary for success, but in the end it's a small gripe considering the rewards of feeling good and eating foods that I know are better for my body.  The end of the detox is within sight, and I'm both excited and nervous for life on the other side.  Do I want a piece of pizza?  Yes.  Am I going to have a piece of pizza sometime in the near future?  Probably.  But as far as wheat goes, that's really all I want.  Everything else can fall by the wayside and I'll be fine.  And for sugar, I'm kinda craving an ice cream cone, but other than that, I'm good with dark chocolate, berries, and fresh whipped cream. Oh! and wine!


So that's what's doin' on day 16.  It's Friday- the day that I'm usually kinda antsy and wanting to go out- but tonight I'm looking forward to leftover spaghetti squash and more episodes of my show, which I've affectionately named "the show so bad that it's good".  Hope you have an equally exciting Friday night!  I'm officially back on the wagon, so stay tuned and walk with me as I cross the detox finish line next Wednesday.  !!!

0 comments: