Day Seven: One Week!

2.01.2012

I'm gonna make this quick, because I've got a celebratory bath waiting for me.  One week - woo!  It's been an interesting, challenging and insightful first week on the 21 Day Sugar Detox, and I'm better for it.  From where I stand now, it seems the hardest part is behind me (initial cravings) and now it's all about maintenance and finding creative ways to make it work.  Knock on wood, right?

I splurged again tonight after work with grain-free crackers and guacamole (so super YUM), and then we made a stir-fry with chicken and tons of veggies.  And now for dessert, a lavender vanilla bath followed by a deep sleep.

I think the biggest impact of this detox so far is my increased energy level.  I used to come home from work and crash for a few hours before I could think about cooking dinner.  I had just enough energy to get through my work day but not much else.  Now, I'm noticing that things are different; I wake up feeling rested, I'm not rushing nearly as much in the morning, my energy feels stable and consistent throughout the day, and I no longer crash after work.  It's a beautiful thing.

Ok, enough chat - time to get my soak on! 

0 comments: