ping-pong

3.28.2011

Since I last wrote, I can't tell you what I've been up to, but I can tell you what I've been thinking. My brain has been all over the place; it's been all around the world, at the beach, in the clouds, in the past, in the future, in a fog, in the gutter, focused on work, focused on house, focused on family, consumed with hopes and dreams and plans, and distracted by just about everything. Being inside my ADD head is like watching a fast-paced ping-pong game. Your focus is over here, now over there, now over here, now over there, and so on. It's exhausting, and exhilarating at the same time.

Here's a snippet of what I've been thinking about :

"Oh my God these pictures are gorgeous, we have to go to Taormina, Italy, yes we are going, where will we stay, (google hotels, google costs, google weather, google map), I can't wait to go to Taormina, Italy; Oh, travel, right, the beach, LBI, is our same house available this year? Let me open my laptop and email our rental agent; right, laptop, oh that reminds me I need to check out carpet prices for the stairwell, www. ...what was I doing? Oh right, I need to check the weather for tomorrow to see if it's gonna be warm enough to wear that skirt; oh, speaking of that skirt, I need to do laundry, (wander into bedroom, look out window into backyard), oh those bricks need to come up, we should make a fire-pit using those bricks, I need to get in touch with Tom about helping us conceptualize a garden, I don't have Tom's number, let me get in touch with Shazz. Man, Shazz and I used to go for some great walks together when I was training for the 3-day, I used to cover some serious distance when training for that walk. Wow, distance walking, I really really want to hike the AT at some point, and the AT crosses over Mt. Washington, and I really want to hike Mt. Washington and see where Steve died... Wow, I can't believe that Steve and Dad have died, it's so surreal, I need to write a book about Dad's death. I really really want to write this book, but how do I move from writing to publishing? OMG Borders is going out of business, I need to go there and look for a book on How To Publish a Book, (at Borders), I should look for a book on Taormina or Sicily- but wait, maybe New England, YES, Boston, Jay mentioned going to Boston the other night- no wait, the Grand Canyon, and Colorado, and National Parks, and- oh I need to find a book on Home Renovation, hmmm, the house, what should we do? Take over the first and second floor? How will we open the two floors up to be one home? I wonder how mom is doing with her home search in CT. I know she doesn't want any stairs, hmmm how will we handle our stairs if we keep a third floor tenant, "Jay can we make new stairs?", Thank God my parents' Master bedroom was on the ground floor and they didn't have to deal with stairs in his final months, man I miss Dad, I really need to write this book. Oh right, speaking of writing, I should blog real quick..."

And that brings us to the current moment, folks. Hope you like ping-pong; Game ON!

2 comments:

sassygirl612 said...

i vote elevator, not stairs for the 3rd floor... ;o)

your head sounds like mine, major ping-pong match.

it's funny, i was jsut thinking about you and Shazz and taking walks just this Saturday. great minds think alike.

Jen said...

Sally, don't hold your breath on that elevator. We should, however, get a ping-pong table in the basement :)