In my shoes

8.23.2008

Hello friends, welcome to my new blog!

The other night, I was tossing & turning and just couldn't find my way to sleep. I missed my window of tiredness and stayed up too late, so that by the time I went to bed, my mind was wide-awake and in GO mode. I was making to-do lists, planning future vacations, picking future baby names (no, I'm not preggers), thinking about how to create world peace, and thinking about my blog. Actually, I wasn't really thinking about my blog, it was more like a singular thought that flashed in my consciousness somewhere between vacation-planning and baby names.

What flashed in my mind was simply this: "time for a new blog, In my shoes", complete with a visual of what it would look like. Yep, that was it. I woke up Wednesday morning (after a 2.5 hour nap) and started putting the vision to reality. I could only go so far because of the generic templates on this site, but Jay-bird was able to design it as I envisioned it.

Voila! Here it is!

I have missed blogging very much and I'm excited for this fresh new space to continue what I started 2 1/2 years ago: a written expression of the experiences, thoughts, feelings and ramblings of a 28 year-old me; a written expression of life in my shoes. And so the story goes on, except now I'm 31 and I have more shoes ;)

Stay awhile... walk with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog el preshador! Too bad, but now I can leave you 'interesting' comments on this blog, unlike myspace.

Happy Versery Jenny!

Anonymous said...

i think i have a faint clue who gap toe is...

Mona said...

well heck, welcome to blogger.