Worldwide Bloom

4.20.2011

I sit here in mild disbelief that today is April 20th.  My last post was on April 5th - that was fifteen days ago, yet it feels like I shut my eyes for a nap... and apparently awoke fifteen days later.  April is one of those time-warp months, cause it bridges winter to spring.  Forty degree April 1st (aka winter) feels worlds away from 80 degree April 20th (aka spring/summer).  The past week has been particularly bloom-y and springlike.  Everything is coming back to life, and it feels great.

After losing dad in late November, I kinda appreciated the fact that my "season" of grief aligned with winter; it made total sense.  I felt dead, and the world looked dead, so it worked.  I was able to hibernate and hide under the covers and silently freak out for a few months, just as the rest of the world (or the parts that celebrate winter) did a similar thing.  Winter is all about being inside, both literally and figuratively, so going into my shell and mourning the loss of my beloved dad during the winter worked out really good. 

But now- now it's spring, and everything and everyone is coming back to life, myself included.  The worldwide bloom is contagious.  The numbness of loss remains, but the hard edge has softened and the sun feels real good on my face.  I just want to stand here and soak it in for a minute, or a month.  I hope you are all enjoying your own personal blooms, and are taking the time to stop and feel the sun on your faces.  

More later, my loves.  Until then, bloom on.

2 comments:

Johnny Madrid aka Tim E. said...

Sorry to hear that about your father. Good to read that you are doing better now. I'm blooming too. I'm actually...smiling again. Let the sun shine! =)

Jen said...

Thanks Johnny Tim :) Let the sun shine, indeed.